1. Your relationship with Neurolingo’s Sentibet™ Service
1.1 Your use of Neurolingo’s Sentibet Service and web site (referred to as the “Service” in this document and excluding any products, software or/and services provided to you by Neurolingo under a separate written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and Neurolingo. “Neurolingo” means Neurolingo Tsalidis Chris & Co L.P., whose principal place of business is at 1, Vasileos Pirrou Str. GR-15 233, Chalandri, Athens, Greece.
1.2 Unless otherwise agreed in writing with Neurolingo, your agreement with Neurolingo will always include, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to below as the “Terms”.
1.3 Your agreement with Neurolingo will also include the terms of any Legal Notices applicable to the Service, in addition to the Terms. Where any additional Legal Notices apply to the Service, these will be accessible for you to read either within, or through your use of, the Service.
1.4 The Terms, together with any additional Legal Notices, form a legally binding agreement between you and Neurolingo in relation to your use of the Service. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully.
1.5 If there is any contradiction between what any additional Legal Notices say and what the Terms say, then the Legal Notices shall take precedence.
2. Accepting the Terms
2.1 In order to use the Service, you must first agree to the Terms. You may not use the Service if you do not accept the Terms.
2.2 You acknowledge and agree that by using the Service you accept the Terms. You understand and agree that Neurolingo will treat your use of the Service as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
2.3 You may not use the Service and may not accept the Terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Neurolingo, or (b) you are a person barred from receiving the Service under the laws of Greece or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Service.
2.4 Before you continue, you should print off or save a local copy of the Terms for your records.
3. Provision of the Service by Neurolingo
3.1 Neurolingo is in the business of creating actionable information from unstructured text. In the case of the Service, Neurolingo is focused on creating a forecast about the outcome of sporting events by determining the collective opinions/ sentiment of sports fans from the Twitter Universe. In its current version, the Service handles Tweets written mainly in English Language and is monitoring sporting events from the English Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League competitions (both European Football competitions). The Service attempts to draw the common forecasting picture through its proprietary Sentiment Based Forecasting (SBF) algorithm. Each Tweet received, is being automatically processed and analyzed in order to be determined whether it refers to any of the Service’s available game events and express either a prediction, feeling or wish for the likely outcome. The collective results are then further processed to produce the final SBF (Sentiment Based Forecasting) figures for each game event. SBF figures comprises of three numbers; The SBF Home Percentage, the SBF Draw Percentage and the SBF Away Percentage. The Service illustrates graphically the SBF results for each available sporting event in real-time. The Service provides the ability to end users to create their own SBF figures by configuring a set of pre-defined SBF parameters. You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Service is not 100% accurate and relievable, and there may be errors in terms of the correct automated analysis of each Tweet and identification whether it refers or not to a specific sporting event and express either a prediction, feeling or wish for the likely outcome,
- the Service processes the Twitter Stream via the Twitter Streaming API and there are certain limitations on how many Tweets the Service can handle per second,
- the Service takes into account every Tweet that receives through the Twitter Streaming API and does not reject or misprocess any Tweet by intent,
- the Service does not guarantee that can process every Tweet and that the Sample of Tweets for every sporting event is random and based only on the Twitter Streaming API limitations, the time that the Service starts monitoring the Twitter Universe for a specific sporting event and the Service’s processing speed limitations,
- the Service does not guarantee that its proprietary SBF algorithm is correct, accurate and reliable, and
- the Service does not intent to provide betting predictions, tips, advices/instructions and/or any type of betting guidance to the end users.
3.2 You acknowledge and agree that you are using the Service and its results at your own risk and sole responsibility.
3.3 You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Service which Neurolingo provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
3.4 You also acknowledge and agree that Neurolingo may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Service (or any features within the Service) to you or to users generally at Neurolingo’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Service at any time. You do not need to specifically inform Neurolingo when you stop using the Service.
3.5 You acknowledge and agree that if Neurolingo disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Service, your account details or any other content related to your account.
4. Use of the Service by you
4.1 In order to access the Service, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Service. You agree that any registration information you provide to Neurolingo will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
4.2 You agree to use the Service only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
4.3 You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Neurolingo, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Neurolingo. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Service through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers).
4.4 You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Service (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Service).
4.5 Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Neurolingo, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Service for any purpose.
4.6 You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Neurolingo has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Neurolingo may suffer) of any such breach.
5. Privacy and your personal information
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, Neurolingo will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- Neurolingo will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by Neurolingo and for other compatible purposes, unless Neurolingo obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Neurolingo will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Neurolingo will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Neurolingo will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Neurolingo will make readily available to you information about Neurolingo’s policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Neurolingo is committed to conducting its business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
5.2 You agree to the use of your data in accordance with Neurolingo’s privacy policies.
6. Content in the Service
6.1 You understand that all information (such as text of Tweets, images, graphs etc.) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Service are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as the “Content”.
6.2 You understand that by using the Service you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Service at your own risk.
7. Proprietary rights
7.1 You acknowledge and agree that Neurolingo (or Neurolingo’s licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Service, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Service (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Service may contain information which is designated confidential by Neurolingo and that you shall not disclose such information without Neurolingo’s prior written consent.
7.2 Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Neurolingo, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of Neurolingo’s trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
7.3 If you have been given an explicit right to use any of these brand features in a separate written agreement with Neurolingo, then you agree that your use of such features shall be in compliance with that agreement.
7.4 You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Service.
8. License from Neurolingo
8.1 Neurolingo gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the Service as provided to you by Neurolingo. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service as provided by Neurolingo, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
9. Ending your relationship with Neurolingo
9.1 The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Neurolingo as set out below.
9.2 If you want to terminate your legal agreement with Neurolingo, you may do so by notifying Neurolingo at any time. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Neurolingo’s address which is set out at the beginning of these Terms.
9.3 Neurolingo may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms); or
- Neurolingo is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Service to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- Neurolingo is transitioning to no longer providing the Service to users in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
- the provision of the Service to you by Neurolingo is, in Neurolingo’s opinion, no longer commercially viable.
9.4 Nothing in this Section shall affect Neurolingo’s rights regarding provision of Services under section 3 of the Terms.
10. Exclusion of warranties
10.1 Nothing in these Terms, including sections 10 and 11, shall exclude or limit Neurolingo’s warranty or liability for losses which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied Terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, only the limitations which are lawful in your jurisdiction will apply to you and our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
10.2 You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Service is at your sole risk and that the Service is provided “as is” and “as available”.
10.3 In particular, Neurolingo and its licensors do not represent or warrant to you that:
- your use of the Service will meet your requirements,
- your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error,
- any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the service will be accurate or reliable, and
- that defects in the operation or functionality provided through the Service will be corrected.
10.4 Any material obtained through the use of the Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage that results from the use of any such material.
10.5 Neurolingo further expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
11. Limitation of Liability
11.1 Subject to overall provision in paragraph 10.1 above, you expressly understand and agree that Neurolingo shall not be liable to you for:
(A) any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not limited to, any loss of profit, any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss;
(B) any loss or damage which may be incurred by you, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of:
- any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any advertiser sponsor whose advertising appears on the Service;
- any changes which Neurolingo may make to the Service, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Service (or any features within the Service);
- the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Service;
- your failure to provide Neurolingo with accurate account information;
- your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential;
11.2 The limitations on Neurolingo’s liability to you in paragraph 11.1 above shall apply whether or not Neurolingo has been advices of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
12.1 The Service may be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on the Service or other information.
12.2 The manner, mode and extent of advertising by Neurolingo on the Service are subject to change without specific notice to you.
12.3 In consideration for Neurolingo granting you access to and use of the Service, you agree that Neurolingo may place such advertising on the Service.
13. Other content
13.1 The Service may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources. Neurolingo may have no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than Neurolingo.
13.2 You acknowledge and agree that Neurolingo is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such web sites or resources.
13.3 You acknowledge and agree that Neurolingo is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such web sites or resources.
14. Changes to the Terms
14.1 Neurolingo may make changes to the Terms or Legal Notices from time to time. When these changes are made, Neurolingo will make a new copy of the Terms available at http://www.sentibet.com/terms.html
and any new Legal Notices will be made available to you from within, or through, the Service.
14.2 You understand and agree that if you use the Service after the date on which the Terms or Legal Notices have changed, Neurolingo will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms or Legal Notices.
15. General legal terms
15.1 The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and Neurolingo and govern your use of the Service (but excluding any other services which Neuroligno may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and Neurolingo in relation to the Service.
15.2 You agree that Neurolingo may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Service.
15.3 You agree that if Neurolingo does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which Neurolingo has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Neurolingo’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Neurolingo.
15.4 If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
15.5 The Terms, and your relationship with Neurolingo under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of Greece without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Neurolingo agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, Greece to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Neurolingo shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.